Monday, November 24, 2008

June 2008

But then after a few weeks of rain, more rain than Vermont has ever seen in a short three week period since recording began.......the ants came.  And not one by one, hurrah, hurrah!  I'd seen them before, almost every Spring I had a little bout of big ants.
But this time they came bringing with them bits of my insulation, actually lots of it, piles of it in every corner, nook and cranny.  These weren't little ones stopping to suck their thumbs either, they meant business.  In fact I don't think they were taking any breaks.  And besides that, squirrels were cutting holes in my house and a vole was stopping in each night to play keep-away with Ruby, my dog, from 3am to 5am, going in and out right through that little space where the front door didn't quite close!
I know my sweet home is sounding like a hovel, but really it was quite cute, known by many in the community as the fairy house.  Yes, it was definitely inhabited by fairies....mischievous, but no trouble really.
In tears, I called Nick and he came right over.  Much, much more serious.......this would call for a new bid and lots more hugs. 

No comments: